The PFAW Voters Alliance is dedicated to electing progressive leaders to Congress and defeating elected officials who have aligned themselves with radical-right wing issues. By changing the makeup of Congress, the Voters Alliance will help work towards its fundamental issue goals:
- Civil Rights - All Americans, regardless of race, religion, gender, age or sexual orientation deserve full and equal rights under the Constitution. We work to defend the civil rights advances made by earlier generations and to continue to build an even more inclusive nation for generations to come.
- Fair Budget Practices - We support responsible and fair budgetary oversight. Our government should not pay for tax cuts for the rich by cutting programs for our most vulnerable citizens.
- Respect for the First Amendment - The First Amendment guarantees some of our most vital rights. The Voters Alliance defends freedom of speech, expression, and conscience and recognizes that the separation of church and state guarantees religious freedom for all.
- Fair Elections - The integrity of our democracy rests on the openness and honesty of our elections. All the branches of government should place a high priority on ensuring that voters in every precinct in the country can have confidence that their votes matter and will be counted.
- Support for the Appropriate Role of Government - Our government plays a positive role in the lives of Americans, but that role has limits. No government should intrude on personal medical choices, especially women’s reproductive choices. Neither should it violate our most basic constitutional rights under the auspices of national security.